Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sugarland = Reba + Heart + Contemp. Christian = BADASS

In preparation for one of the most anticipated concerts of 2009 (Kenny Chesney's Sun City Carnival, of course), I thought I'd show some respect to the openers that Chesney handpicked to be apart of said festivities. First up, Atlanta's Sugarland. I've been spending a good amount of time with the Sugarland discography recently and I gotta say, shit is fucking GOOD. Think like... Reba McEntire meets Heart meets like, contemporary Christian. Can't really think of a more successful recipe for success for that. Their bios everywhere say Suglarland is three people but really, almost all the pictures I've seen of them have the main chick as well the country guitar dude who clearly is *not* calling the shots in the band (i.e. the blond chick is always the one front & center of the videos, rolling around in mysterious bodies of water, walking on cars, etc.).

"Something More" demonstrates the Reba + Heart + Contemporary Christian combo best:


"Already Gone" is something i've heard on The Wolf a good deal and am stoked that it's fucking Sugarland. An instant panty wetter:


Last but certainly not least, I think the video for "All I Want To Do" best demonstrates why these dudes are homies with the Chesney crew. I can picture them all kicking it on the beach together & shit:


Sun City Carnival just got a little bit sweeter. Thanks Sugarland!

No comments:

Post a Comment