Monday, June 15, 2009

Its almost here!!! CMT Music Awards preview part # 1

Shit ya'll. It kinda snuck up on us, but the biggest country event of the year is upon us. The CMT Music Awards are fucking tomorrow! Can't believe I didn't know that until yesterday and I'm freaking out a bit as I'm feeling a bit out of the loop as to what's hot now in country. (I'm still playing catch up, I'm almost up to 2008.) Figured this is a good chance to catch up on the nominees and find out what the hell is going on. I must say though, not too plussed on the night's host, Bill Engvall. Was Foxworthy or Larry the Cable guy not available? I think it would be sweet if Toby Keith hosted it, but he's always nominated so I understand the conflict of interests.

Your host, Bill Engvall

Ok. I'm sorta psyched on the host, I spoke too soon before. Nascar jokes, poop jokes, Walmart jokes, Skymall jokes. I'm not above any of this.

First off, I think Tyler B. would be happy to know that "Chicken Fried" was nominated for "group video" of the year. I'm pulling for it, but the alarmingly metrosexual Rascal Flatts is up for two nommies as well out of the 4 videos up for the award. Seems like their video for "Everyday" is the one to beat with nominations in multiple categories.

So the chorus for this one is "everyday you save my life", and true to country form there's a scene with an EMT, white people adopting a chinese boy, pulling a guy out of the way of a bus. Everytime someone's life is literally saved, one of the bros in the band creepily walks by the scene. Not sure I'm getting the symbolism. Next!

Trace Adkins is up for a few awards too. Embracing a softer side lately, this is a song about the kids growing up too fast.

Not nearly as awesome as his song "Marry For Money" which is way funnier, tastefully stealing a page from the Toby Keith playbook. Like Rascall Flatts "Everyday" this video is kind of a bummer too. Maybe even more so that they're playing down Trace's 3 foot long ponytail in this vid...next.

Phew. I can always count on Brad Paisley to bring the energy level up. This vid is solid. "Waitin' On A Woman" is a just a song/video about just that. I'm so sick of women taking their sweetass time, making me late and waiting and shit.

Brad gets to show off his acting chops again, sitting on a bench with an old dude (Matlock?). Talking about how in the end women are worth waiting for. Christ. Women, god bless them.

Tomorrow the preview continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment