Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dierks Bentley Clearly Gets Lots of Pussy

I'll be the first admit that I need to spend some more quality time with the earlier part of Dierks Bentley's discography, but I've been saying that his new joint "Feel That Fire" is one of the best singles of the year. To the point where I play it excessively in the office, likely pissing off or confusing others with the quantity of plays (although I did notice another person start to mouth the chrous. How could you not? Shit is fucking anthemic.)

So yea, "Feel That Fire." If you examine the lyrics here, Dierks is being both cryptic and borderline experimental. At least, I'm sure the typical country audience probably chats over hot dogs and ice cold Coors light about what he could be mean when he says "She needs to feel that fire/The one that let's her know for sure/She's everything I want and more." He's an attractive guy, and Captiol Nashville has obviously touched his image up a bit so he can appeal not just to the loyal country base, but to the VH1 adult rock crowd as well. While some might say Dierks looks like a pussy, I'd argue that Dierks actually GETS a lot of pussy.


(Official video for "Feel That Fire" by Dierks Bentley)

Case in point, "Fire" here in this song is clearly referring to his dick. To take things further, it's about how whoever this girl is in this song needs to feel his dick all up in her shit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. "She wants to make love on a train/Some days she only wants a break/Hey but she wants what she wants/But man I know, I know, I know." Damn right, Dierks. We know you know.

"She wants her nails painted black/She wants the toy in the Crackerjack/She wants to ride the bull at the rodeo... But she needs to feel that fire..." Hmm okay so yea it almost sounds like he's talking about a 13 year old goth chick with some of that, but still, this song is 3 minutes and 26 seconds about how this chick needs to feel his fire. Kudos to him for singing about his dick with some class. Beyond that, I'm guessing "Feeeeeeel that Diiiiiiiiiick" just didn't quite sound as good in the studio.

Oh, and I also found this. You can follow along to the lyrics for the song with this fun video. I like that someone felt it was necessary to make this happen. Really helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment