Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fan Video find # 1

Sometimes big budgets aren't necessary. If you have google images, some family photos, access to sweet pages like freefoto.com, and some sort of rudimentary powerpoint software and you can pull off a really crazy video if you stick to the formula of matching blunt imagery with the lyrics. I'm pretty sure this song was a huge hit so I was surprised I couldn't find a high-budget production on youtube for George Strait's reflective ballad about having a baby "I Saw God Today". Until I find it, I'm going to believe that this modestly-budgeted video is the official one. Man, I hope so. There are over 100,000 views on this, so maybe.

This video might be kind of gross to you if you don't like babies, super pregnant people, and inspirational messages (Peep the sick-ass Helen Keller quote). There are a couple moments where things get a little graphic, these two stills are horrifying and might be permanently ingrained in my head.

AHHHHH!!! What the fuck? Not cool.


Kudos to Strait for consulting on this video's production/direction and while I like this song, he can't compete with the real deal like Toby Keith, Chesney, Garth, or even Brad Paisley. Yet I read all this talk about him being the "King of Country"? Pffft. My ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment